Asian Heritage Month Dessert Buffet
To wrap up Asian Heritage Month, the Harper Grey Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee (DIBC) hosted an Asian dessert buffet. Committee members selected their favourite desserts to share with the firm. The buffet included:
– Japanese mochi and dorayaki
– Korean choco pie and chestnut bun
– Chinese egg tarts, red bean sesame balls, barley crisp, and red bean mochi ball
– Turkish baklava
– Filipino cassava cake and kutsinta
– Vietnamese coffee, steamed layer cake, pandan rice cake, rice sweet cake
– Punjabi samosa, motichoor ladoo, besan, kaju barfi, milk cake, kalakand, khoya pede, khoya barfi, kaju rolls, fruit rolls, malai barfi, and gulajamun
– Malaysian durian cake
It was hard to choose just one dessert – most of us walked away with full plates! It was great to have the opportunity to try classic desserts from different Asian cultures.
Thank you to the DIBC for sharing all their favourite sweet treats!