Celebrating World Oceans Day
In recognition of World Ocean’s Day, our Green Committee organized a lunch n’ learn in our office, complete with compelling documentaries and delicious pizza. It was a great opportunity to learn more about crucial issues affecting the health of our oceans. The lunch ended with us discussing what we can do as individuals and what our firm is actively doing behind the scenes and in the courts. Circulated firm-wide was an informational handout including a booklist for all ages, upcoming sustainable initiatives, and tips to reduce our footprint. Thanks to everyone on the Green Committee for organizing everything!
Below are links to free, online educational videos on the subject.
- Our Planet | Coastal Seas | Netflix (50mins)
- Explore Oceans has a live stream of the Orca rubbing beach in Johnstone Strait, BC
- Secrets of the Ocean: Climate Control (50mins)
- Experience the Underwater World Through the Eyes of a Free Diver (13mins)
- Cleaning up the plastic choking B.C.’s coastline (8mins)
- Dive into underwater mountains off the coast of British Columbia (2mins)
- Beneath the Pacific Northwest (2mins)
- Wildest Islands Vancouver Island Rivers Of Life (44mins)