Harper Grey “Safety Nets” host Situational Awareness Lunch ‘n Learn
Last week, the Harper Grey Safety Net Committee hosted a Lunch ‘n Learn on situational awareness for everyone at the firm. Constable Trevor Letourneau shared some engaging stories of his time working as a member of the VPD and took us through his top tips to stay safe in the city. He emphasized the importance of being aware NOT paranoid.
Some of his top tips included:
- Walk with your eyes up
- Pay attention to the usual people you see and their baseline behaviour
- Notice when something seems different than other days and follow your gut
- Keep at least 1 ear open, no headphones
- If you’re feeling uncomfortable, go into the first open store
- If you’re being followed, go behind the counter of the first open store for assistance
- If there is no open store, be loud and yell or use a whistle to deter the aggressor
Thank you to the Harper Grey Safety Nets for putting on an informative Lunch ‘n Learn and a huge thank you to Constable Trevor Letourneau for the entertaining and enlightening presentation.