Navigating complex deals in a competitive and rapidly evolving real estate marketplace requires legal advisors with proven experience and business acumen. From early stages to when unexpected challenges arise – we deliver effective and agile advice through the entire lifecycle of your commercial real estate transaction.
A cross-disciplinary team of experienced legal advisors, we are deeply invested in the success of our clients. We balance high-level technical expertise with business savvy real-world experience to deliver results.
Clients choose us because we understand their business objectives and deliver practical advice and client-centered services to get the deal done. Committed to excellence, we exceed expectations with cost-effective and progressive solutions in the fast-paced world of real estate.
Working collaboratively with other practice areas including construction, corporate, environmental, First Nations, dispute resolution, and litigation we ensure that our clients benefit from our deep expertise across the full spectrum of challenges they may face.
Commercial real estate is complex and dynamic. We are here to help you achieve your business goals and vision.
- Ownership structures (REIT’s, LP’s)
- Negotiating asset or share based purchase and sale agreements
- Full title and off- title due diligence
- Financing documentation
- Complete closing services
- Development on fee simple, leasehold and First Nations lands
- Residential, commercial, and mixed-use developments
- Conventional, air space, strata and bare land strata subdivisions
- Strata dissolution and conversions
- Disclosure statements
- Construction financing and contracts
- Zoning and development approval
- Deal structuring
- Drafting and negotiating all forms of commercial lease documentation
- Non-disturbance agreements
- Property management agreements
- Lease enforcement
- Day to day leasing advice
While our focus is on the transactional side of real estate, we have a large group of litigators who step in when contentious issues arise. Our goal is early resolution and the protection of our clients’ property assets, reputation, and ongoing business relationships. The knowledge we have gained from dealing with a broad spectrum of disputes assists us in identifying and executing the best strategy to achieve our clients’ goals – whether pursuing or defending litigation or through alternate dispute resolution methods such as arbitration, mediation or negotiation.
- Commercial lease disputes
- Contract disputes
- Development disputes
- Receiverships and property management issues
- Loan and security enforcement
- financing issues relating to commercial projects
- Title disputes including easements, liens and ownership priorities
- Rent Reviews
- Tenant Guarantees
- Risk management strategies
25 Lawyers Recognized as Leaders in their field by Benchmark Canada® 2022
24 Harper Grey lawyers recognized for litigation expertise by Benchmark Canada®, 2021
Harper Grey receives highest firm ranking as a “Highly Recommended” local litigation law firm in British Columbia from Benchmark Canada® 2014-2021
29 Harper Grey lawyers recognized across 19 specialty areas by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2020
19 Harper Grey lawyers recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2021
Harper Grey recognized as a "Leading Law Firm" regionally in the area of Dispute Resolution by Chambers Canada®, 2017-2020
Martindale Hubbell® recognizes 13 Harper Grey lawyers across 27 practice areas
Harper Grey receives the TAGLaw Membership Award of Distinction acknowledging 15 years of outstanding service
Harper Grey recognized as a Top 10 Regional Firm in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2012 and 2014
News & Knowledge