Abigail is a Partner with Harper Grey and a member of our Health Law and Insurance Law Groups.
Contactaturner@harpergrey.com 604.895.2855 *Abigail Turner Law Corp
AssistantMichelle Tsui email@example.com
Abigail assists clients with a variety of issues arising from the practice of medicine. She also has a busy practice focusing on defending life and disability claims on behalf of insurance companies.
An avid volunteer, Abigail is very involved with Rotary International, an organization of more than 1.2 million business, professional and community leaders. She is a past chair of our articling student recruitment committee and a past assistant chair of our insurance law practice group.
Named as one of the top 100 Women in Litigation by Benchmark Canada®, 2022
Recognized as a "Leading Lawyer" in the area of Health Care Law by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2014 - 2023
Rated as a "Repeatedly Recommended Leading Practitioner" in the area of Medical Negligence (Represents Defendants) by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2017-2023
Recognized as a “Local Litigation Star" in British Columbia in the areas of Health Law and Insurance Law by Benchmark Canada®, 2016 - 2023
Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating: 3.0 Martindale-Hubbell Notable
"They've got some real gems. Kimberly Jakeman, Guy Brown, James Lepp, Karen Douglas, Abigail Turner – I've seen all of these people on occasion and I've been very impressed. These cases are not easy to cope with – they involve a lot of factual evidence you wish you didn't have to hear – but from what I've witnessed the Harper Grey team has done a very commendable job of providing assured, steady counsel in cases where it would be easy for those with less backbone and less adequate acumen to falter."
"Harper Grey's celebrated medical defense/health capacity is brimming with regionally and nationally recognized talent, such as Kimberly Jakeman and Abigail Turner."
- Defending physicians in matters involving human rights complaints, hospital privileges, inquests, civil litigation and matters involving the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- Disability and life insurance defence, including liability and coverage matters
- University of Bristol, England, LL.M., 1992
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 1991
- University of British Columbia, B.A., 1988
- British Columbia, 1993
- Yukon Territory, 2012
- Canadian Bar Association – National Health Law Subsection, Executive Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Women Lawyers Forum, Past Mentor
- Canadian Defence Lawyers, Past Member
- Canadian Medical Protective Association Symposia, Past Speaker
- Doctor, Patient & Society course, UBC Faculty of Medicine, Past Tutor
- Harper Grey LLP, Past Paralegal Liaison (2019)
- Harper Grey Mentoring Program, Mentor
- Law in Medicine Lecture, UBC Faculty of Law and UBC Faculty of Medicine, Past Speaker
- Life In Law, Guest Blogger
- North Shore Stars Volleyball Club, Board Member
- Rotary Club of Vancouver Sunrise, Board Member
- Windsor Music Boosters Association, Association Member
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch subsections, Member:
- Health Law
- Canadian Bar Association Health Section, Member at Large
- Law Society of Yukon, Member
- Medical-Legal Society of British Columbia, Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member