April has an established practice, focusing on wills and estates, estate planning and real estate.
In her wills and estates practice, April works with her clients to administer and preserve their assets across generations. She understands the complexities and sensitivities regarding estate planning, and prides herself on approaching each of her files with compassion and empathy. April takes a proactive approach to her clients’ diverse issues to make the estate planning process as painless as possible.
April has experience assisting clients with the following issues:
- individualized estate planning advice regarding wills, powers of attorney and representation agreements;
- estate administration including obtaining estate grants and other estate administration applications;
- providing guidance to personal representatives including executors, attorneys and representatives; and
- incapacity planning and committee applications.
April’s real estate practice is focused on delivering effective advice at each stage of the real estate transaction. Bringing her real-world business experience to each file, April provides practical and client-centric guidance.
Born and raised in Kelowna, April developed a love for the outdoors. When she’s not at work, you can find her exploring local hiking trails, or playing golf.
- Advises and assists clients and their individual needs with incapacity and estate planning matters through the use of wills, powers of attorney, representation agreements and trusts.
- Advises attorneys and representatives of the extent of their powers and responsibilities while acting in that capacity.
- Assists personal representatives through the process of obtaining estate grants, administering estates, including the sale of estate property, and passing accounts, when required.
- Advises and assists clients with purchases, sales, refinances and transmissions of residential real estate.
- Represents lenders in the preparation of mortgages, reviewing of title and disclosure of required information on various real estate transactions.
- University of Leicester, Bachelor of Laws, 2014
- University of Victoria, B.A., 2011
- British Columbia, 2016
- Canadian Bar Association, Young Lawyers Okanagan, BC Branch, Past Vice-Chair
- Women in Law Society University of Leicester, Co-Founder
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections, Member
- Real Property
- Wills, Estates & Trusts
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Trial Lawyers Association of BC, Member