Brett is an associate with Harper Grey practising with our Health Law, Professional Regulation, Insurance Law, Workplace Law and Commercial Litigation Groups.
AssistantCatharine Cichecki firstname.lastname@example.org
Brett’s dispute resolution practice is focused on civil litigation defence, professional regulation, and workplace law.
Brett represents health professionals in various complaints, disciplinary, billing and other matters involving their respective regulatory bodies.
In his workplace law practice Brett advises employers and employees on a range of day-to-day matters such as employment contracts, terminations and wrongful dismissal claims, and workplace investigations. He has represented clients before the Human Rights Tribunal and Small Claims Court.
Brett assists insurance clients with a variety of coverage, liability defence, and subrogated matters involving bodily injury and property.
Brett has appeared before the British Columbia Provincial Court, Supreme Court, Human Rights Tribunal, and regularly attends mediations with his clients. Acting with senior counsel Brett has represented clients before the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Brett completed his articles at Harper Grey. Prior to this, as a summer articled student Brett had the opportunity to hone his litigation experience at the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia. He also spent a summer in a remote area of the Yukon working as a diamond driller’s helper extracting core samples.
Born and raised in Kelowna, Brett has always maintained a focus on athletics. This has contributed to the strong work ethic, focus and drive he now brings to his legal practice.
- UBC Peter A. Allard School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Vancouver Island University, B.A. Sport Health and Physical Education (with Distinction), 2012
- British Columbia, 2017
- Board Development, Director (2021 – current)
- CoRe Mediation Advocacy Moot, Past Participant (2014)
- Her International, Board of Directors Member
- Mathews Dinsdale and Clark LLP Canadian Labour Arbitration Moot Team, Past Member (2015)
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Member
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources, BC and Yukon Branch, (formerly HRMA), Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member
Selected for the UBC Law Judicial Externship Program, 2016
Hoop-Law Champion, 2014
VIU Highest GPA among all Student Athletes, 2012
VIU Dean's List and CCAA National Scholar Award, 2010-2012
PACWEST/BCAA Academic Excellence Award, 2010-2012