In her commercial litigation and environmental practice, Caryna acts for clients in business disputes that threaten their reputation and disrupt day-day business operations, as well as raise risks of financial liability.
Her clients include business owners, and directors and officers involved in disputes that may touch on breach of contract, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and statutory causes of action. In the environmental context, she advises clients on liability issues arising under the Environmental Management Act and the Contaminated Sites Regulation.
Caryna also represents professionals, architects and engineers in civil litigation involving errors and omissions, risk management, negligence and other professional liability issues.
Caryna has appeared before the British Columbia Provincial and Supreme Courts and has represented clients in mediation.
- University of Victoria, J.D., 2019
- University of Victoria, B.A., 2016
- British Columbia, 2020
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Board Member, Pacific Community Resources Society
- Guest Blogger, Life In Law
- Mentor, Canadian Bar Association
- Co-author, Injunctions: British Columbia Law and Practice (3rd Edition)