Erin is an associate in Harper Grey’s Commercial Litigation, Insolvency and Restructuring, Estate Litigation and Defamation, Privacy & Media Law practice groups.
AssistantChenyang Li email@example.com
Erin’s Commercial Litigation clients include individuals and businesses engaged in a wide range of commercial disputes, including shareholder disputes, breach of contract, misrepresentation, professional liability and real estate claims. In her Insolvency and Restructuring practice, she routinely advises and represents secured and unsecured creditors, trustees and debtors in insolvency and debt enforcement proceedings.
In her Estate Litigation practice, Erin represents executors, trustees, beneficiaries and disinherited family members in estate and trust matters, including matters relating to the validity of wills, rectification of wills, capacity issues, resulting trusts, appointment of committees and wills variation claims.
Erin provides her clients with legal and reputation management advice on a wide range of defamation and privacy matters in her Defamation, Privacy & Media Law practice. Erin has a particular interest in acting on behalf of individuals and businesses that have had their reputation harmed on the internet, including through social media, online reviews and blogs.
Named as Ones to Watch by Best Lawyers in Canada® 2022
Named as Ones to Watch by Best Lawyers in Canada® 2023
Commercial Litigation and Insolvency and Restructuring
- Enforcing foreign judgments in British Columbia under the Court Order Enforcement Act and Enforcement of Canadian Judgments and Decrees Act
- Representing banks and other financial institutions in security enforcement proceedings, including extensive foreclosure experience
- Representing trustees, debtors and creditors in corporate restructuring proceedings
- Commencing and defending court actions involving wills variation and trust claims
- Advising and defending court actions involving the definition of a “spouse”
- Acting for trustees and executors in the passing of accounts
- Acting for professional trustees and individuals to be appointed committee under the Patients Property Act
- Liaising with the Public Guardian and Trustee regarding matters involving minors and adults lacking mental capacity
Defamation, Privacy & Media Law
- Obtaining court orders against social media and internet service providers to produce information to identify the anonymous authors of defamatory online publications
- Representing and advising clients regarding sexual misconduct allegations against them on social media
- Drafting and negotiating non-disparagement and non-disclosure agreements
- University of Saskatchewan, J.D., 2012
- University of Calgary, B.A., 2008
- British Columbia, 2013
- Life In Law, Guest Blogger
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections, Member:
- Civil Litigation
- Insolvency Law
- Wills & Trusts
- Canadian Bar Association BC Insolvency Law Subsection, Treasurer
- Insolvency Discussion Group, Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member