Hamish joined Harper Grey in 2023 as an Associate with our Business Law Group.
AssistantTarek Raza email@example.com
Hamish joins the Business Law Group at Harper Grey with a focus on real estate including development, acquisitions and sales, leasing and financing.
Prior to joining Harper Grey, Hamish practiced at a boutique law firm in Vancouver.
Being a resident of the North Shore, Hamish enjoys the great outdoors, spending his summers hiking and camping, and winters skiing. He is the proud father to a young and growing family. You can often find him exploring local trails with his two dogs Roger, a French Bulldog, and Kenji, a Shiba Inu.
With a general background in corporate and commercial law and a current focus primarily in the area of commercial real estate, Hamish’s experience includes:
- Acting for real estate developers with matters including the establishment of new corporate bodies, creating trust agreements, drafting limited partnership agreements, acquiring multiple land parcels, advising on various bylaw matters, supporting development permit application processes, registration of financial and non-financial charges, and advising on compliance matters;
- Acting for institutional and private lenders with respect to commercial financing matters including conduct of due diligence processes, negotiation of loan terms and structures, and preparation of loan and security documents;
- Acting for commercial landlords and tenants with regard to commercial leasing matters including negotiating and drafting commercial leases for shopping mall centres, commercial strata units, and stand-alone commercial buildings;
- Acting for commercial clients acquiring and disposing of business assets including interests in real property;
- University of Calgary, J.D., 2020
- University of Victoria, B.A., 2014
- British Columbia, 2021
- Volunteer, BLG Business Venture Clinic (2019-2020)
- Volunteer, Calgary Student Legal Assistance Program (2017-2018)
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch