Jessica is an associate practicing with our Commercial Litigation, Securities and Construction practice groups. Jessica has represented clients in securities regulatory matters, shareholder disputes, securities class actions, proxy contests and litigation involving disputed transactions. She has also assisted clients with addressing sensitive issues and has conducted investigations into allegations of corporate misconduct. In her construction practice, Jessica has been engaged to assist with contract drafting, risk management, dispute resolution and, when necessary, litigation. Jessica has provided advice on a broad range of construction projects, including public-private partnerships (P3s).
Prior to joining Harper Grey, Jessica practiced at a leading full-service firm in Toronto. Her prior experience includes:
- Cineplex v. Cineworld, 2021 ONSC 8016, representing Cineworld in significant M&A litigation concerning termination of $2.8B+ transaction for breaches of ordinary course covenant.
- Representing a cultural organization in litigation aspects of a proxy contest.
- Representing a financial services company in a securities regulatory investigation regarding tied selling.
- Representing a cannabis company in a securities class action alleging misleading disclosure.
- Conducting an internal investigation of a technology company regarding allegations of corporate misconduct, fraud and accounting regulatory non-compliance.
- Representing government agencies, hospitals and post-secondary institutions in major construction projects and disputes.
- Representing companies in industries including technology, power, and gaming in disputes regarding public procurement processes.
- Representing the Canadian Civil Liberties Association in its landmark challenge to the constitutionality of prolonged solitary confinement in Canadian prisons.
Jessica attended law school at the University of Toronto. She completed an exchange at the Hong Kong University Faculty of Law while completing her law degree.
- University of Toronto, J.D. 2018
- McGill University, B.A. (Distinction), 2015
- British Columbia, 2023
- Ontario, 2019
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
– BC Branch
– Ontario branch
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
– Construction Law Section
- The Advocates’ Society, Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member