Kara’s legal practice is focused on two main areas: defending insurance clients in bodily injury litigation and representing health professionals in regulatory matters. She takes a practical approach to her legal work, and is known for balancing tenacity with collegiality.
Kara is an associate with Harper Grey and a member of our Insurance Law, Health Law and Professional Regulation Groups.
Kara assists insurance clients with a variety of coverage and litigation defence matters, handling an array of cases involving bodily injury and property loss, with a keen interest in bodily injury defence.
In her health and professional regulation practices, Kara represents professionals such as physicians, dentists, podiatrists, physiotherapists and psychologists in complaint, disciplinary, billing and other matters involving their respective regulatory bodies and the provincial government.
Kara has appeared before the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia and various administrative tribunals including the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia, the Health Professions Review Board and the Medical Services Commission.
Recipient of the Honourable Marshall Rothstein Prize for Constitutional and Administrative Law, 2012
Recipient of the Leon Mitchell, QC Prize in Labour Relations, 2012
- University of Manitoba, J.D., 2012
- University of Victoria, B.A. (With Distinction), 2008
- British Columbia, 2013
- Volunteer, Marketing and Communication Committee, Women Lawyers Forum
- Co-Vice President, Pacific Community Resources Society
- Board Member, Pacific Community Resources Society, 2017 – present
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Administrative Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Administrative Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Administrative Law Observer Newsletter
- Contributing Author, Administrative Justice: A Practitioner’s Guide, 2016, Published by LexisNexis® Canada
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Insurance Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Insurance Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Insurance Law Update Newsletter
- Mentor, YWCA Youth Mentorship Program, 2016 – 2017
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections
- Insurance Law
- Health Law
- Administrative Law
- Women Lawyers Forum