Karissa’s practice involves advising clients on environmental (including climate change), First Nations, and maritime issues relating to business ventures and transactions. As a solicitor, Karissa consistently demonstrates her ability to deliver solutions that allow clients to achieve their goals.
Karissa is a member of a number of Canadian Bar Association (“CBA”) subsections, as well as a volunteer with the CBA Women Lawyers Forum Mentorship Committee. She is also a member of the Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association, and sits on the board of directors of The Mission to Seafarers.
Karissa obtained her B. Comm. and J.D. from the University of Saskatchewan, and is a member of the British Columbia Bar.
- University of Saskatchewan, J.D., 2016
- University of Saskatchewan, B.Comm. (Great Distinction), 2011
- British Columbia, 2017
- Guest Blogger, Life In Law
- Volunteer, Mentoring Committee, Women Lawyers Forum
- Director, The Mission to Seafarers
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections:
- Aboriginal Law
- Environmental Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Maritime Law
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association