Prior to joining Harper Grey in 2021, Leyla commenced her career within the construction litigation and dispute resolution group of a national law firm assisting as a junior associate on a broad range of project development and construction matters. She gained valuable experience working within a team on complex multi-party litigation matters and arbitrations. She also advised local municipalities in navigating through legal issues.
Leyla then transitioned to the Ministry of the Attorney General, Legal Services Branch, assisting with contract administration and dispute resolution on major transportation infrastructure projects.
As part of our Construction and Engineering Group, Leyla advises a variety of professionals, including architects and engineers, on a range of civil litigation issues. She has experience advising clients in situations including errors and omissions, risk management, negligence and other professional liability issues. Leyla has experience representing clients at all levels of court in British Columbia.
Leyla takes pride in giving back to the profession and her community. She has acted as a Beedie Luminaries Mentor, providing mentorship to students as they complete their post-secondary education. During law school, she served as the President of the Business Law Association, Vice-President Academic of the Law Students’ Society, and was an active member of several student organizations. She currently serves on the Alumni UBC Advisory Council providing advice and counsel to the alumni UBC Board and the Associate Vice-President & Executive Director.
Leyla has a passion for the outdoors, whether biking or running on the seawall, golfing, and learning new languages – she speaks Russian, French and Spanish.
- University of Victoria, J.D., 2019
- University of British Columbia, B.Sc., 2016
- British Columbia, 2020
- Alumni UBC Advisory Council, Member (2022 – current)
- Beedie Luminaries, Mentor
- Canadian Bar Association BC ADR section, Past Member at Large (2022 – 2023)
- Canadian Bar Association BC ADR section, Chair (2023 – current)
- University of Victoria Business Law Association, Former President
- University of Victoria Law Students’ Society, Former Vice-President
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- LiL Leader, Life in Law