Michael specializes in public company securities law, corporate finance, and M&A.
Contactmkennedy@harpergrey.com 604.895.2942 *M. Kennedy Legal Services Law Corporation
AssistantChristine Pankiw firstname.lastname@example.org
As Associate Counsel with our Business Law Group, Michael brings more than 30 years of experience providing securities, general corporate and corporate governance advice to a variety of public and private companies.
His practice focuses on capital markets and mergers and acquisitions where he represents issuers and underwriters in the resource, technology, biotechnology, and industrial sectors. His extensive expertise spans IPOs, RTOs, CPCs, public and private equity and debt financings, as well as mergers and acquisitions. His public company securities work principally involves companies listed on the CSE, the TSX Venture Exchange, and the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Acted for Medwell Capital Corp. in connection with a business combination by way of a plan of arrangement, including a long form prospectus offering for gross proceeds of $150.4 million, resulting in a combined company with a non-diluted market capitalization of approximately $323 million
- Acted for UrAsia Energy Inc. in connection with the acquisition of uranium assets in Kazakhstan valued at US$425 million and a concurrent brokered private placement of $504 million
- Acted for UrAsia Energy Inc. in connection with a business combination with Uranium One Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement resulting in a combined company with a fully diluted market capitalization of approximately US$5 billion
- Acted for Rusoro Mining Ltd. in connection with a business combination pursuant to which Rusoro acquired the Venezuelan assets of Gold Fields Limited valued at US$523 million and a concurrent brokered private placement of subscription receipts for gross proceeds of $210 million
- Acted for Rusoro Mining Ltd. In connection with a US$80,000,000 exchangeable loan provided by a syndicate of lenders
- Acted for BioMS Medical Corp. in connection with a short form prospectus offering for gross proceeds of $41.4 million
- Acted for BioMS Medical Corp. in connection with a short form prospectus offering for gross proceeds of $44.3 million
- Acted for NQL Drilling Tools Inc. in connection with a short form prospectus offering for $21 million
- University of Victoria, J.D., 1984
- British Columbia, 1986
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member