In his privacy practice, Nathaniel assists professionals and private organizations in responding to privacy breaches and requests for personal information under the provincial Personal Information Protection Act and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, as well as the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. He also helps organizations draft and implements privacy policies, as well as review their existing policies. He is increasingly working in collaboration with the firm’s business lawyers on privacy matters for start-ups.
In his health and professional regulation practice, Nathaniel represents health professionals such as physicians, psychologists, and physiotherapists in complaints and disciplinary proceedings, fitness to practice investigations, and other matters involving their respective regulatory bodies, hospitals, and health authorities.
Nathaniel has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and before various administrative tribunals including the Health Professions Review Board, the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of BC, and the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal. He also has specific experience assisting clients with regulatory matters before the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia, the College of Psychologists of British Columbia, the College of Alberta Psychologists, the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC, the College of Occupational Therapists of BC, and the College of Physiotherapists of BC.
- University of British Columbia, J.D., 2013
- McMaster University, B.A. (Hons.), 2008
- British Columbia, 2015
- Contributing Author, LexisNexis® Harper Grey Administrative Law Netletter™
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Canadian Administrative Law Blog
- Contributing Author, Harper Grey Administrative Law Observer Newsletter
- Contributing Author, Administrative Justice: A Practitioner’s Guide, 2016, Published by LexisNexis® Canada
- Author, Complex Causation Issues in Medical Negligence: Briante and Vancouver Health Authority, CLEBC, 2015