In his workplace practice, Neal advises employers and employees on a wide variety of workplace issues, including:
- Wrongful dismissals
- Helping clients undergoing workplace investigations
- Drafting and enforcing employment contracts for both management and employees
- Providing strategic advice regarding issues involving restraints of trade, restrictive covenants, non-solicitation and non-compete matters
- Representing clients in proceedings before the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal
Neal is a frequent contributor to the Harper Grey Workplace Law blog and “Ask Us Anything” seminars.
Neal advises health professionals on registration issues and disciplinary investigations before their regulatory bodies. His clients have included dentists, physicians, pharmacists, podiatrists, physiotherapists, and psychologists.
Neal has a broad commercial litigation practice covering matters such as fraud and professional liability, and various contractual disputes. He also assists senior counsel in representing accountants and other financial professionals in matters involving professional liability and discipline, civil fraud and conspiracy.
Neal has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court, Provincial Court, and the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal.
Neal grew up in Vancouver’s Douglas Park neighbourhood. When not in the office he enjoys soccer, running, skiing, painting, and travel.
- University of Victoria, J.D., 2019
- University of Amsterdam, MSc, 2015
- University of British Columbia, B.A., 2012
- British Columbia, 2020
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Member
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources, BC and Yukon Branch, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Board Member (2023-2024)