In his workplace practice, Neal assists senior counsel in advising and representing employers and employees on a wide variety of workplace issues, including:
- Wrongful dismissals
- Helping clients undergoing workplace investigations
- Drafting and enforcing employment contracts for both management and employees
- Providing strategic advice regarding issues involving restraints of trade, restrictive covenants, non-solicitation and non-compete matters
- Representing clients in proceedings before the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal
Neal’s commercial litigation and insurance practice is focused on fraud and professional liability. He represents a large insurer in defending fraudulent claims and assists senior counsel on matters involving insurance coverage and bad faith. He also assists senior counsel in representing accountants and other financial professionals in matters involving professional liability and discipline, civil fraud and conspiracy,
Neal also advises health professionals on registration issues and disciplinary investigations.
Neal has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court, Provincial Court, and attended early settlement mediations involving the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal.
Neal is a frequent contributor to the Harper Grey Workplace Law blog.
- University of Victoria, J.D., 2019
- University of Amsterdam, MSc, 2015
- University of British Columbia, B.A., 2012
- British Columbia, 2020
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch