Nicola’s legal practice is focused on representing clients in civil litigation across a number of areas including debt collection, property disputes, environmental contamination, fraud, construction negligence claims, and commercial disputes. She has already earned a reputation at the firm as a reliable colleague who is a determined advocate for her clients, an adept communicator, organized and responsive.
A frequent writer for the firm’s Canadian Environmental Law Blog, the CBA Women Lawyer’s Forum Newsletter, Life in Law, and for industry publications, Nicola has established herself as an avid thought contributor in the areas in which she practices.
She has appeared before the British Columbia Provincial Court, British Columbia Supreme Court, and in negotiations and mediations. She has also attended as an observer at the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Nicola joined Harper Grey in 2018 as a summer student. She went on to complete her articles with the firm and was called to the BC bar in 2020. Nicola attended Simon Fraser University for her undergraduate degree and received a B.A. in criminology in 2016. She attended law school at the University of Victoria and received her J.D. in 2019.
During law school, Nicola was a member of the University of Victoria’s Wilson Moot Team. She also volunteered with the University of Victoria’s Student Law Centre, Access Pro Bono, and Pro Bono Students Canada.
In her spare time, Nicola enjoys being outdoors with her dog or trying out one of Vancouver’s many new dining experiences.
- University of Victoria, J.D., 2019
- Simon Fraser University, B.A., 2016
- British Columbia, 2020
- Guest Blogger, Life In Law
- Volunteer, Marketing & Communications Committee, Women Lawyers Forum
- Mentor, CBA Law Student Mentorship Program
- Member, The Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of British Columbia