Paul brings more than 36 years of experience in corporate finance law for public and private companies in the Canadian capital markets. His preferred areas of practice include securities, corporate, commercial transactions, commercial lending, mining, oil & gas, technology, corporate governance, and first nations’ business development law.
With extensive experience in the corporate finance area, Paul assists companies on a broad range of transactions, including initial public offerings, stock exchange listings, private placements, debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, take-overs, reverse take-overs, changes of business, qualifying transactions, plans of arrangement, amalgamations, corporate reorganizations, continuations, and divestitures.
He has regularly represented public and private companies, private equity investors, brokers, special committees, boards, financial advisers, and other transaction participants involved in a variety of corporate finance and M&A transactions, including friendly and hostile transactions and proxy contests.
For many years, Paul has served on the boards of two publicly listed companies, as well as CFO of one and as Chairman of the Audit Committee of the other. Paul’s clients appreciate his practical experience and understanding of the reality of board processes.
Over the years, Paul has also been a frequent presenter on the policies and rules of the TSX Venture Exchange and Canadian securities legislation.
Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating 4.4/5.0 Distinguished
Martindale-Hubbell® 5.0/5.0 Client Champion Platinum/2019 Designation. This award, based on the quantity and quality of client reviews, demonstrates an ongoing commitment to delivering excellent client service.
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 1982
- University of British Columbia, B.Com., 1981
- British Columbia, 1983
- Former Secretary-Treasurer, Friend 2 Friend Social Learning Society (2003 – 2018)
- Former Director, Friend 2 Friend Social Learning Society (2003 – 2018)
- Former Secretary and Director, Autism Society of British Columbia (2000 – 2003)
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections:
- Natural Resources
- Business Law