Renée joined Harper Grey in 2022 from a full-service international firm, where she gained significant experience in professional negligence and regulation, employment matters, and corporate commercial disputes; all of which inform her health and professional regulation practice.
Renée has defended and prosecuted professionals in disciplinary hearings before various tribunals, and has represented her clients in trials and in other court hearings, including matters before the Court of Appeal and Chambers. Renée has also represented her clients in other alternative dispute resolution mediums.
She brings to her practice the unique perspectives and valuable business management experience she gained, before law school, working as an Assistant Manager with a Canadian lifestyle brand and in human services for a not-for-profit organization. This experience rounds out Renée’s ability to take a practical and informed view of her clients’ legal needs.
Renée is known for providing considered and strategic advice to her clients, and for relentlessly pursuing just and expeditious resolutions to her clients’ legal matters.
A passionate contributor to the legal community, Renée is an avid speaker and content creator. She regularly presents on a variety of legal topics to lawyers, professionals, and students.
- University of Alberta, J.D., 2014
- University of Alberta, B.A. (with Distinction), 2008
- British Columbia, 2021
- Alberta, 2015
- Volunteer Alberta Board, Former Director
- Volunteer Alberta Board, Former Treasurer
- Advocates Society, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Branch, Former Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Branch, Health Law Committee, Former Member
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Legislative Review Committee (North), Former Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Life In Law, Volunteer Adviser