Rod is Associate Counsel with Harper Grey and his practice focuses on securities related litigation.
Contactranderson@harpergrey.com 604.895.2849 *H. Roderick Anderson Law Corporation
AssistantMichelle Watts firstname.lastname@example.org
Rod’s client base includes brokers, brokerage firms, executives, professionals, directors and officers of private and public companies, shareholders and other business people with legal matters involving capital markets.
Clients count on Rod to represent them before the BC Securities Commission, TSX Venture Exchange, the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and all levels of court. He also has a significant cross-border practice which involves dealing with US counsel and securities regulators.
Rod is known for representing clients in securities related matters that require administrative, civil litigation and criminal defence expertise.
Rod grew up in Prince George, BC. He has played ice hockey competitively since his youth and is an avid fisherman, responsible for the demise of many large chinook salmon.
Included in Lexpert’s Special Edition: Litigation 2022
Named as a "Leading Lawyer" in the area of Litigation - Securities (Regional - British Columbia) by Chambers Canada®, 2020-2023
Rated as a "Repeatedly Recommended Leading Practitioner" in the area of Litigation - Securities by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2019-2023
Named as a "Recognized Practitioner" in the area of Litigation (British Columbia) by Chambers Canada®, 2019
Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Canada as a "Leading Lawyer" in the area of Securities Law, 2010 - 2023
Recognized as a “Local Litigation Star” in British Columbia in the area of Securities by Benchmark Canada®, 2013 - 2022
Rated as a "Consistently Recommended Leading Practitioner" in the area of Litigation - Securities by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2014 - 2017
Recognized as a "Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyer" in the area of Securities by Lexpert®, 2013 - 2017
Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
"Rod is among the most sought-after lawyers in the city on securities matters.” “Rod is the godfather of securities litigation in the city.”
"Rod is widely considered to be a market leader in BC for securities litigation. Appreciated for representing clients' interests exceedingly well, he is highly experienced in representing brokers, executives and businesses before the BC Securities Commission."
“Rod still has the energy and still has the most securities cases out of anyone else I’ve seen,” testifies a peer. “He was there on this securities case I worked on and he stayed very late. He’s very well connected and is a good source of information.”
"Rod Anderson is the ‘most renowned’ lawyers in the space.”
“Rod Anderson is simply pre-eminent in the field.”
"Rod Anderson is lauded for his enthusiastic client following and his track record of success."
"Rod Anderson fearlessly gets involved in everything from standard shareholder disputes to more slippery stuff like insider trading, and he is known to win big."
"Rod Anderson is noted by his peers as being 'one of the most active leading securities litigators in the province."
"Rod Anderson - he's got a reputation for success, he's got a client following, and he just wins."
Commercial and Securities Litigation Disputes
- Corporate reorganization and governance disputes
- Oppression remedies
- Plans of arrangement
- Directors and officers liability
- Shareholder disputes
- Negligent and fraudulent misrepresentation claims
- Cases for and against private and public issuers, their directors and officers
- Disciplinary proceedings before administrative tribunals including the BC Securities Commission and IIROC, such as investigations, audits and hearings
- Issuer and investment dealer disclosure and liability
- Insider trading
- Market manipulation
- Illegal distributions
- Multilateral Assistance Treaty Act (MLAT ) issues
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Director and officer “acceptability” issues raised by the TSX Venture Exchange
- Advice and assistance for Canadians subjected to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigations and proceedings
- White collar crime – allegations of misrepresentation and/or fraud
- Defence of criminal charges relating to civil suits
- University of British Columbia, LL. B., 1979
- University of British Columbia, B.A., 1976
- British Columbia, 1980
- Harper Grey Securities Regulation & Litigation Group, Chair