Roselle is a Partner with Harper Grey. Her practice is focused on commercial litigation, banking and insolvency, estate litigation and real estate disputes. She is Co-Chair of the firm’s Commercial Litigation group and the Insolvency and Restructuring group.
AssistantRamish Sakhi firstname.lastname@example.org
Roselle is an adept problem solver with experience handling a range of complex commercial matters including contract, shareholder, corporate, partnership, and real estate disputes. She also has experience with class actions.
In her wills and estates practice Roselle represents executors, beneficiaries, and family members in resolving disputes concerned with the distribution of estates and related matters.
Roselle’s banking and insolvency practice is concentrated on acting for financial institutions and trust companies in security enforcement and insolvency matters. She also has an active bankruptcy and insolvency practice advising creditors, debtors, and trustees.
Roselle has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia.
Roselle was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Prior to attending law school, Roselle trained as a classical pianist and competed at the regional, national and international levels.
Recognized as a "Star Lawyer" by Acritas® , 2019
Recognized as a "Future Star" in British Columbia by Benchmark Canada®, 2020 - 2022
"Roselle Wu is an outstanding lawyer in many respects. She is extremely knowledgeable, easily gains the trust of her clients, and has the respect of the courts as well as opposing counsel and clients."
“I have dealt with Roselle for many years and she is an outstanding lawyer in many respects."
“She is knowledgeable and easily gains the trust of her clients and, tellingly, the respect of her opposing counsel, and she is very responsive to my and our clients concerns.”
Wills and Estates
- Advising and acting for family members and others who have been disinherited or feel they have been treated unfairly
- Acting for executors in contentious disputes among beneficiaries
Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Acting for creditors in priority disputes
- Representing creditors in Companies Creditor Arrangement Act proceedings
- Providing legal opinions to Trustees in Bankruptcy
- Acting for debtors in bankruptcy proceedings
- Representing banks, trust companies and other financial institutions in security enforcement proceedings, including mortgage enforcement and commercial collections and restructuring
- Assisting clients in security enforcement proceedings including management of property, mortgage insurance claims as well as listings and sales
- Court applications under the Patients Property Act for the appointment of a committee
- Successfully defending a life and disability insurer in a summary trial
- Appearing successfully before the British Columbia Court of Appeal as junior counsel in a disability insurance matter
- Successfully defending physicians in against allegations of medical malpractice
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 2001
- McGill University, B.Mus., 1998
- British Columbia, 2002
- Advocates Club, Past President (2009-2010 and 2011-2012)
- Banking and Insolvency Group, Co-Chair
- Borealis String Quartet Society, Founding Member
- British Columbia Creditors Remedies – An Annotated Guide, published by the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, Contributing Author (2009)
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Health Law Section, Past Chair
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Wills and Trusts (Vancouver) Subsection and Health Law Section, Former Past Chair
- Canadian Bar Association, National Health Law Section, Former Past Chair
- Harper Grey Commercial Litigation Group, Co-Chair
- Harper Grey Mentoring Program, Mentor
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Member
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (BC), Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member