Shelley joins Harper Grey with over twenty-five years of experience representing clients in litigation, including a wide variety of chambers work, complex multiparty litigation, contract disputes, construction litigation, coverage, plaintiff and defendant personal injury, professional liability, employment practices liability, property damage and fire related losses, arson and fraud defences, and bad faith claims.
Having appeared before all levels of court in BC as well as various tribunals and administrative and disciplinary processes, Shelley brings a unique and informed perspective to each and every one of her files.
Shelley’s previous experience includes working as the National Director of Underwriting, specialty lines E&O, D&O and Fidelity for the largest P&C insurer in Canada. She has past experience working as Compliance Officer, which found her managing and monitoring firm compliance, including adhering to laws, regulations and ethical standards. She also worked at the Law Society defending lawyers as claims counsel and created a cyber insurance program for BC law firms during her time there.
Raised in Vancouver, when she’s not at work, Shelley likes to spend her time outdoors, including fishing, playing pickleball and cycling with her family.
- Dalhousie University, L.L.B., 1996
- University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Commerce, 1991
- British Columbia, 1997
- CLE BC, Instructor
- Canadian Defense Lawyers, Instructor
- Insurance Institute of British Columbia, Introduction to Professional and Executive Liability Insurance, Instructor
- Squamish Fire Prevention Officers Conference, Speaker
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
– BC Branch
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member