Siobhan’s current practice includes defending product liability claims on behalf of multinational consumer product manufacturers. Siobhan also advises on product safety issues including recalls and insurance coverage.
Siobhan’s aviation experience has included advising insurers and operators on liability issues with respect to claims involving defective products, component malfunction and equipment damage. She has also advised with respect to claims involving loss of life and bodily injury, including under the Montreal Convention.
Prior to joining Harper Grey, Siobhan spent thirteen years as a lawyer in the Product Liability and Product Safety Group at the London office of the international law firm Hogan Lovells where her practice focused primarily on large scale cross-border litigation. She also gained considerable experience coordinating multi-jurisdictional product recalls, both within Europe and world wide. The latter half of her time at Hogan Lovells included acting as international coordinating counsel for multiple UK companies involved in complex cross-border litigation in various jurisdictions including Canada and in that context:
- managing disclosure and review exercises involving millions of documents;
- preparing in-depth factual reports and legal analyses; and
- instructing and working with expert witnesses.
Siobhan obtained her law degree from the University of British Columbia in 1995 and began her career at what is now Borden Ladner Gervais. She articled with the firm in 1996 and then joined their Litigation Practice Group as a research lawyer focused mainly on litigation matters in a broad range of areas including consumer protection, insurance and product liability. Siobhan continued with the firm for four years before moving to London.
- University of British Columbia, LL. B., 1995
- Amherst College, B.A., 1986
- British Columbia, 1996
- Sound Eclectic Choral Association, Past Board Member
- Vancouver Choral Arts Society, President
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections, Member:
- Civil Litigation
- Class Action
- International Law
- Products Liability Law
- Women Lawyer’s Forum
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member