Steven is Associate Counsel with Harper Grey and co-chair of our Business Law Group.
Contactslukas@harpergrey.com 604.895.2811 *Steven Lukas Law Corporation
AssistantTaylor Dehmel firstname.lastname@example.org
Known for his innovative and “out of the box” thinking and client focused solutions, Steven works closely with many entrepreneurs and corporations of all sizes and maturity, providing general legal advice on a broad range of corporate matters. He provides strategic counsel in the complex aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including divestitures and negotiated acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and is particularly sought after for his expertise in contested corporate transactions. His practice covers most forms of transaction-oriented investment activity.
Steve is a frequent speaker on venture finance, angel investing and mergers, acquisition and divestiture and a guest lecturer at the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC’s “Buying and Selling a Business” course. He has served as the Director and Chair of New Ventures BC Society and the Director and President of the BC Water Polo Association.
Recognized as a "Leading Lawyer" in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions Law by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2017-2023
Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating: 4.4 Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished
Recognized as a "Leading Lawyer" in the area of Venture Capital Law by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2019-2023
Recognized as a "Leading Lawyer" in the area of Corporate Governance Practice and Corporate Law by Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2020-2023
Rated as a "Leading Practitioner" in the area of Corporate Mid-Market by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, 2023
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 1987
- McGill University, B.Comm., 1984
- British Columbia, 1988
- BC Water Polo Association, Past Director and President
- Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, “Buying and Selling a Business”, Guest Lecturer
- Harper Grey Business Law Group, Co-Chair
- Harper Grey Mentoring Program, Mentor
- LexisNexis® Practice Advisor for Corporate Management, Fundamental Changes, Dissolution and the Corporate Law Module, Contributor
- New Ventures BC Society, Past Director and Chair
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Member
- The Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member