Richard Bereti will be co-chairing the upcoming CLEBC – Environmental Law Conference 2013 being held on November 8, 2013 in Vancouver.
Contaminated Sites: Disputes, Transactions, Site Closure and Federal Considerations
Developments in provincial environmental regulation continue to impact a broad range of commercial undertakings. This year’s conference will focus on these developments and related areas of law with an emphasis on managing the risks and opportunities associated with contaminated sites. Solicitors and litigators will benefit from this conference as discussion will tie together issues relating to liability, corporate/commercial matters, and real estate. Where appropriate, the program will touch on best practices and professional ethics.
At this course you will learn about:
- Substantive environmental law
- Issues relating to contaminated property
- Certificates of compliance
- Environmental laws and their enforcement
- Contractual responses to managing risk from contaminated property